[Reader-list] Thoughts about Indo Centrism from Istanbul (Shuddhabrata Sengupta)

Rohan DSouza virtuallyme at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:48:46 IST 2007

Dear Shuddha,

Have been following this recent cacaphony/symphony of voices with
great interest, especially your interludes. Loved this recounting of
yours of Turkey and its relevance in the context. Thought Ill add a
line or two about and from Rumi, who made Konya in Turkey his home,
which I think fits into the recent ebbs and flows of readerslist -

'Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshipper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.'

Rgds,
Rohan