[Reader-list] STOP THE SHUDDHA-FECAL-TION

we wi dhatr1i at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 20:04:14 IST 2007

Dear Vishal,

       The P.S will it be a praise or a bashing to me????

  Regards,
  Dhatri.

Vishal Rawlley <vishal.rawlley at gmail.com> wrote:
  No, I don't think we need people to purge and purify this space. Jane do
yaar, ashuddh hee theek hai. The self-appointed shit sweepers should
absolutely stop. You guys are spreading more shit around than wiping it off.
Now every post smells of turd. Smell this one and see - its all over.

I would imagine that the readers of this list are intelligent enough and
mature enough to decide which arguments to purchase and which to ignore.
Leave the shit alone. Let it decompose by itself, its biodegradable after
all. Ignore it please. If you do have a better argument or a different
viewpoint or more information on an issue, please do share it with us: the
readers. There is no point aiming it at people whose intelligence and logic
you doubt. Stop lacing your counter arguments with "I do not wish to
ridicule you, but…" "don't test my patience, [or else]…" when you do put
forward your point

It seems to me that the volunteer toilet cleaners are being opportunistic in
using the counter arguments to the crappy comments only to brandish their
own superior wit and wisdom. A self-congratulatory club is so boring, an
utter waste (pun intended). You guys have created the ARKP hydra, fed it and
buffered it and now it looms like a demon, foaming and fuming, over all of
us.

That we now have people like, first, Vedavanti and now some Kashmiri
pandits, with very opposed viewpoints on this list, could have been such a
good opportunity to converse with them. These people represent the viewpoint
of certain masses and are not just standalone lunatics. Their different
viewpoint also has a reason for existing. Can we address that? If only we
were not so insensitive and didn't act prudishly, we could have engaged them
more positively. Expecting carefully constructed arguments from them is
futile. There was no need to be baited by them every time they acted
provocatively. One could have ignored them – simple solution. But if you
must take on the tough task of correcting their prejudice then understand
first what you are trying to take on. It could be a very useful exercise. I
personally do not have the where withal to do so, but if your toilet
cleaners must engage them, then have bottomless patience, show some love,
some Gandhigiri, handle them gently and then perhaps they would respond.
Some of them are quite loveable and very human. They have idealism and a
passion and this can all be channelised to good use.

I appeal to you "intellectuals" because I hope to cut some ice here. I also
appeal to the other party to show some restraint. Stop pulling out incidents
from 1990 (Squadron Leader Ravi Khanna's misfortune) just to rile up people.
And please, all of you, get some Sun - spending so much time in front of the
screen is very unhealthy.

Sorry for sounding like a moral science school teacher, but I just want my
reader-list back the way it was. If someone does not take the initiative
now, no amount of fumigation and sanitation will work. Its getting very
stuffy in here, so as they say in Bombay: Havaa aane de yaar! (Let me some
get air, my friend).

Keep it real,

Vishal Blurker

p.s. And if you absolutely must regale in toilet cleaning, then please take
on 'we wi' (Dhatri), that should keep you occupied for ever and ever.