[Reader-list] The Right Of The Left

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:34:16 IST 2007

      "Lal Salaam! Lal Salaam!" I heard the crowd as I neared the
procession. It was my first day at the University which is known as "Red
Island". "Up Up Communism, down-down Imperialism" the crowd shouted. It was
led by a petite girl with curly hair who had a determination on her face –
the determination to change the world. I was walking on the other side of
the road while my eyes were taking note of all they could. They were
students demanding to stop the "corporatisation" of the campus. They wanted
to throw out the MNC outlets off the campus in favour of indigenous canteens
or "dhabas". Then I noticed this guy with a handy-camera recording the
proceedings. Somehow he stood out in the crowd. I was trying to get a better
look at him when the procession turned left and I continued to walk
straight.

read the complete story at :

http://farman.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/08/the-right-of-the-left.htm