[Reader-list] Invitation for a film festival

Gargi Sen sen.gargi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:27:51 IST 2008

Dear all,
I write to invite you for a film festival that Magic Lantern Foundation
(www.magiclanternfoundation.org) and India International Centre
(www.iicdelhi.nic.in) are organising in New Delhi from 28 ­ 30 April 2008 at
the India International Centre, and apologies for cross posting.
The festival called Persistence Resistance: a festival of contemporary
political films will screen over 100 films in a multitude of spaces. A write
up and schedule of the film festival is available at:
www.magiclanternfoundation.org
The festival aims to create a cinema space that celebrates the diverse
nature of films in India today. The idea is to showcase the range of
subjects and forms the films work with, and to interrogate the emerging
aesthetics of political filmmaking.
The festival will also carry a section on international documentaries in an
attempt to explore the notions of internationalism in the present day
scenario of neo-liberal globalisation.
Simultaneously the festival will present films in multiple ways of seeing,
interacting and engaging by creating installations, outdoor screenings and
small intimate screening spaces along with regular auditorium screenings.
Additionally, over three evenings we explore the linkages between art,
literature, theatre, comics, animation and censorship with films.
If you are in Delhi during those days I will be delighted if you can attend.
Also please also circulate the information about the film festival to others
who may be interested.
Gargi Sen