[Reader-list] On KP anger

mahmood farooqui mahmood.farooqui at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 18:58:05 IST 2008

I have been trying to understand the anger, rage, rather of the KPs. I
understand a fair bit of it, I understand some of the pain of the
displacement--second hand at least-, I understand the resentment at the
disrespect and the neglect shown towards them by the intellectuals and the
secularists, I understand something of those things.

What I want to understand is why does everything turn, for a lot of their
exponents here, on the love for the Indian nation, or rather, more
appropriately, on the love for the Indian state. Why must the Indian state,
and all its weaknesses, be worshipped to sanctify Kashmiri Pandit pain. How
does humiliation turn into glorification for an entity that is actually
complicit in their brutality?

Is there no other way to make sense of this tragedy?