[Reader-list] China detains 35 Pak nationals for planning attack on Games

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Fri Aug 22 02:21:05 IST 2008

Dear All,

There was an incomplete sentence in my last posting. The complete
sentence is,

As someone who cut some of their public teeth by being
present at a thinly attended demonstration against the massacre at
Tienanmen Square in 1989 on the road to the Chinese embassy in
Chankyapuri in Delhi as a
young student, I have seldom required reasons to shy away from
thinking or talking about how the Chinese state deals with its
subjects and citizens.

regards.

Shuddha

On 22-Aug-08, at 1:29 AM, Shuddhabrata Sengupta wrote:

> As someone who cut some of their public teeth by being
> present at a thinly attended demonstration against the massacre at
> Tienanmen Square in 1989 on the road to the Chinese embassy as a
> young student, I have seldom required reasons

Shuddhabrata Sengupta
The Sarai Programme at CSDS
Raqs Media Collective
shuddha at sarai.net