[Reader-list] sedition vs. criticism

Baruk S. Jacob b_a_r_u_k at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 16:09:43 IST 2008

Well, Kshmendra,

Historically it seems most seditions laws (a list in the Wiki article you quote) have been used by governments to silence critics. In fact, "notion of inciting by words or writings disaffection towards the state or constituted authority" is what the 'modern definition' is supposed to be!

Not so sure the two are, at least in the context we are using it, very different!

~Baruk

http://bottlebroke.blogspot.com