[Reader-list] References/literature on metro rail systems

sudhesh sudhesh.unniraman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:37:36 IST 2008

Hi,

Am a film maker,who writes about the Delhi Metro on my blog. You could visit
it on www.0611metro.blogspot.com. I have also talked about my experience in
Istanbul and Paris Metros. Istanbul in fact has the largest variety of
transport systems for different parts of the city. These were made over the
last 150 years and incorporated different technologies.

My take is that while there have been many critiques on the Metro -
environment, displacement etc, no one has really spoken to people who
actually use it. One has to look at whether it has reduced  road traffic and
pollution in Delhi and whether it has made travel easy and safe.

In the end, the Metro can only be be a part solution integrated with other
systems. It was never intended as a stand alone system in the first place.

Sudhesh