[Reader-list] Kashmiri Pandits protest against Amnesty International

gowhar fazli gowharfazili at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 20:05:46 IST 2008

Further i think they (the so called roots-in-kashmir
who turn up to disrupt programmes) are terrible
advocates of an otherwise sensible  community of
people (Pandits i mean) with whom i happen to share my
lineage (and am also proud of the fact.)

--- Wali Arifi <waliarifi3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mr A of ARKP,
>

> Never rest till you "rights" are recognised!
>
> Until the "killings" and "purging" of your community
> are not recognised as
> "genocide, holocaust" etc etc etc whatever you may
> want it to be...
>
> There must be hope in the Amnesty.
>

> Keep up the good work!
>
> Best
>
> Wali
>
> On Jan 18, 2008 12:35 AM, Aditya Raj Kaul
> <kauladityaraj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Kashmiri Pandits protest against Amnesty
> International
> >
> >  *New Delhi*
> > *A worldwide initiative of the Kashmiri Pandit
> youth "Roots In Kashmir"
> > protested against the international human rights
> group Amnesty
> > International
> > on the occasion of 60th anniversary of Universal
> Declaration of Human
> > Rights
> > on Sunday.*
> >
> > *The group accused Amnesty of being biased in
> their human rights reports
> > in
> > the last two decades on the issue of Kashmir and
> Kashmiri Pandits.*
> >
> > *"It has just failed to come to our rescue;
> Amnesty has failed to rise to
> > the occasion wherein it could have played a
> greater role in raising the
> > issues connected with the Kashmiri Pandit exodus,"
> said a group member.*
> > **
> > *Read detailed story, pictures and more at -
> > http://www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com/*
> > **
> > *Thanks*
> > *Aditya Raj Kaul*
> > *New Delhi*
> > List archive:
> <https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>
> List archive:
<https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>

Unfortunately, the balance of nature decrees that a super-abundance of dreams is paid for by a growing potential for nightmares.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.

Peter Ustinov