[Reader-list] 'Kashmiri Pandits should be the ones running Amarnath Board'

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:00:16 IST 2008

Shivam,

You posts are as old and stale as your understanding of kashmir issue.

So relax in a house boat,eat goshtaba and come back.Dont try to add to the
pile of already existing Kashmir Experts.

Regards

Rashneek

On 7/3/08, Shivam Vij शिवम् विज् <mail at shivamvij.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This is my third day in Srinagar and following the Delhi media on the
> internet, it seems to me that not much has come out about the stand
> taken by Kashmiri Pandits and Sikhs who reside in the Valley. They
> were supporting the demand to revoke the land transfer order! A
> demonstration by Sikh leaders here was stopped by the police, but
> demonstrations by Pandits in Jammu and Delhi, who always complain of
> being ignored by the media, have been duly highlighted. This imbalance
> is also reflected on the Reader-List.
>
> If anyone's voice is being marginalised in the media discourse, it is
> that of communal harmony from the Valley, that of Sikhs and Pandits...
> here is one report I found in that direction. Will post more.
>
> best
> shivam
>
> o o o
>
> Keep politicians out of shrine board: PDP leader
>
> http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=136527
>
> Senior PDP leader, Dr Roop Lal Sharma has advised that Shri Amarnath
> Shrine Board affairs be handled by top journalists, lawyers, social
> activists from Kashmiri Pandit community. He stressed that politicians
> must be kept away from the Board..
>
> SENIOR PEOPLE'S Democratic Party (PDP) leader Dr Roop Lal Sharma has
> expressed serious concern over the developments in Jammu and Kashmir
> pertaining to the controversy on land transfer to Shri Amarnath Shrine
> Board (SASB) and has demanded handing over of the Board to Kashmiri
> Pandits for management.
>
> In a statement issued in Jammu, Dr Sharma has said that the
> controversy has given a bad name to the state adding, it does not
> augur well for the secular character of the state and the government
> should act fast to resolve the issue before it snowballs into a major
> communal flare-up.
>
> Dr Sharma has said that Amarnath shrine belongs to state, particularly
> Kashmiri Pandits, who are the original inhabitants of the state and
> the local population of the area, who had been managing the affairs of
> the shrine for the past many decades.
>
> He said that only Kashmiri Pandits have the right to manage the
> affairs of the shrine besides, the local population of Maliks of
> Batkote so that the 'yatra' (pilgrimage) is not communalised by some
> vested interests in the administration.
>
> Dr Sharma has also warned the communal elements within the Hindu and
> the Muslim societies to refrain from giving the 'yatra' a communal
> colour and has condemned the attack on tourists in Kashmir besides,
> killing of a Kashmiri youth in the police firing in Kashmir.
>
> Elaborating further, Dr Sharma said that the affairs of the shrine
> should be entrusted to select Kashmiri Pandits comprising known
> journalists, lawyers and known social activists adding, the political
> class should be kept at an arms length from the board.
>
> Dr Sharma also said that even Kashmiri Pandit leaders, who are
> [...]

Rashneek Kher
Wandhama Massacre-The Forgotten Human Tragedy
http://www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com