[Reader-list] 'Tolerant Kashmiris': An editorial in Etalaat

Syed Yunus delhi.yunus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:38:54 IST 2008

As I understand, private,public, local, indigenous,
religious,communal,national so on and so forth !!

all these are just terms & concepts to understand 'life' and not segments
of  life. and all of these have been used and abused by many.

As far as ' non public life ' comments of  Partha are concerned, I don't see
any reason why  It won't create any  opinion. public or what so ever.

Yunus

On 7/4/08, Pawan Durani <pawan.durani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Partha ,
>
> you are not in public life....Shivam is . He is a journalist who creates
> public opinions.
>
> That makes a difference.
>
> Lastly ......what made Ghulam Nabi Azaad impose curfew in Jammu , while as
> Kashmir was let loose..
>
> Pawan
>

> On 7/4/08, Partha Dasgupta <parthaekka at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Radhikarajen,
> >
> > 1.   I have friends, some of whom are Muslims. When I make friends, I
> > look at whether
> >      or not I like them and if I can vibe with them. There caste /
> > relegion or even lack
> >      thereof is irrelevant to me.
> >
> > 2.   I stay in my own house and eat my own food. Though I do travel to
> > my friends house
> >      and eat there as well.
> >
> > Does this mean that my body or mind is being held hostage?
> >
> > That logic is ridiculous. If you disagree with any statement or
> > position that someone has taken, go ahead and disagree.
> >
> > However, none of us have super powers to be able to read anyone's mind
> > and know why they are saying what - unless you're going to claim you
> > do?
> >
> > Rgds, Partha
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM,  <radhikarajen at vsnl.net> wrote:
> > > Hi, Shivam,
> > >
> > >     who is financing your stay in Srinagar, it looks like you are being
> > held hostage with good food and your thoughts are that of a hostage
> talking
> > good about his kidnappers.! By the way I hope you are guest of Gulam nabi
> or
> > Mufti as both are known spin doctors who use the bakras like you.?
> > >
> > >  Regards.

Change is the only constant in life !