[Reader-list] Farewell to our Humid Weimar

Tapas Ray tapasrayx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:29:53 IST 2008

prakash ray wrote:
> Their belief of the Left and BJP coming together is speculative and
> based on a report appeared in Times Now website.

Or they might have fallen prey to the titillations of Marxist
dialectical reasoning - I'm talking about the thing called "unity of
opposites". But like shy fourteen-year-olds they only love her from a
distance, don't know her at all! That's why they don't know that this
thing called dialectics works for everything and everyone, except for a
certain party of the Indian left, which transcends everything and
everyone ...  like God with a capital G. Sounds also like American
exceptionalism ... sorry, I have put my foot in my mouth again! I mean,
I have suggested that this epitome of left politics thinks like Uncle
Sam, the dirty old man! Anyway, that's something the bearded old man
didn't see, or foresee, because he lived so long ago. I mean not the old
man in a stars-and-stripes hat, sporting a goatee kind of thing ... but
the other one, with a full beard and no hat. Looks like there was no
place for any kind of God in his way of thinking, but he was wrong,
obviously. His ghost must see it now, because it must be as intelligent
as he was, but it doesn't have access to the internet, so can't email an
addendum or correction to his publishers ... these days, with no
copyright any more, there are too many of them anyway. So it falls to
that transcendent entity of our time, who/which resides in "party
offices", to correct him in light of objective conditions in India,
because, through its extrasensory link with the old man's ghost, it
knows what that ghost is thinking now.

It's a scandal that Shuddha and other liberated ones seem to be reading
more than newspapers and the words of our contemporary God, who is
actually Indian and lives in the "party office"!

Tapas