[Reader-list] Kashmiri 'bandits' should .... return to their ancestral home - Washington declaration

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:04:36 IST 2008

Dear Shivam ,

I appreciate your curiosity.

Regarding the 16000 crore package , the finer things about the package is
not known to many people and most of the media just caught up with the
headlines. We may discuss the 16000 crore package sometime else.

When you quote that many Kashmiri hindu businessman spend 6 months in
Kashmir , i may not disagree that the few people do. I am sure you know the
percentage of Kashmiri Hindu businessmen . Kindly share it with rest of the
group. My idea is that it is less than 1%.So if less than 1% Kashmiri Hindus
visit Kashmir , where they are welcome as tourist but not as permanent
residents , that should not be a quoting figure for normalcy.

Also once bitten is twice shy , and Kashmiri Hindus have been bitten more
than 8 times in last 1000 years . This time the return has to be on terms of
Kashmiri Hindus.And one of the term is a separate homeland with a full flow
of Indian constitution.

For Kashmiri Hindus , the political reasons do not make any reason for their
non returning . They don't have a representative in assembly or the national
parliament. The reason has everything to what they had witnessed sometimes
back , which made them run away to save lives and honour.

Regards

Pawan Durani