[Reader-list] Kashmiri 'bandits' should .... return to their ancestral home - Washington declaration

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 00:24:28 IST 2008

Dear Pawan,

Apologies if I seem to e taking a side track, but wanted to make some things
clear as a 'displaced' person myself:

1.   As a Bengali who was born abroad, and who's grand-parents from
      both sides of the family are from Bangladesh. am very happy to
      have an Indian passport - though with one grandfather being in the
      now defunct IFS, that's not surprising.

2.    Was born in Vienna, Austria, and spent my 'formative' years all
       over the place.

However, as far as i'm concerned, my country is India, and my city is Delhi,
no matter what any one can say. Just as Pawan and other's are Kashmiri's, I
am an Indian even though I was not born here and I will fight over that. I
was not born here, but India is my identity. I will not argue about borders,
or religion or Gods or lack therof. However, having been out of India and
here as well, have learnt tha we Indians have an innate undertsanding of the
core, and hope that Shivam, Aditya and other will (though Radhikarajen seems
to have suddenly lost both language and comprehension skills).

At the end of the day, whether we are communists, or leftists or BJP
followers or INC followers, we all have to answer to what we truly believe
in, and that is what makes the difference.

The constitution or any other law is what we as citizens make of it - just
as a bus wallah jumps the BRT queue and kills some people - WE make reality.

SO what is the reality we want from out heart?

Apologies for ending in a question, but some points from Shivam, Sonia,
Kshamendra and Pawan have left me open in doubt.

Regards, Partha

Partha Dasgupta
+919811047132