[Reader-list] On Suicide

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Thu Jul 24 13:58:30 IST 2008

Your thoughts have lot of merits in them as so far as the disgust at being not able to "change" any thing in life to ones liking with all out efforts may lead to a frustration of being helpless.

   Sati is not suicide but an action when barbaric acts of rape in the hands of invaders , after the natives were vanquished in wars, was more horrendous than jumping into fire.?

 Dakshayini, the daughter of Parvatharaja, jumped into yajnakunda as she could not see the groom of hers being insulted, but then had to wait for ages to join her husband again,
    Simple lesson of any faith is to overcome the difficult situations in life with use of intellect and calm mind, not escape from the scene of difficulties.?

  It is truely sad that human life which is one of the best in animal kingdom is wasted away by some wrong minds, instead of using the life to be of use to ones own loved ones, as charity begins at home, then be useful to the others in society.!

 Regards.