[Reader-list] Guha's weak defenders: Sanjay Kak on Ram Guha's Book:

ARNAB CHATTERJEE apnawritings at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 5 15:16:30 IST 2008

Dear Pawan,
            Again you've started your illiterate
gymnastics. Why don't you organize a conference of
sound historians and check if Guha can be defended in
any form ( Kak is not needed therefore) in terms of
methods of history writing (and not satisfying grant
givers.)and the product that is history. But I can
tell you sophisticated historians will use its pages
as toilet paper and will not respond. It is an. NGO
version of fundraising history--backed as if by the
Rajiv Gandhi foundation this time. Wicked illiteracy
sells and sells well. He is another Pupul Jayakar, or
MJ Akbar or Prabhu Chaola ( Rajya Sabha post next
time).And tell me and all -- what books on methods of
history writing  you've read and how you defend him;
that will settle the debate well.
Namrata