[Reader-list] Greetings for May Day

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Thu May 1 15:05:32 IST 2008

Dear All,

Greetings !
It's the first of May. The day for working people all over the world
to celebrate. I just saw a brass band pass by my window, and red is
still a lovely colour to have on a flag.
Here's hoping this year's May Day brings less hours of work, more
liberty and dignity in our lives, more time to think, relax, argue,
spend time with friends and people we love, enjoying every moment
that we can wrest from Capital.
Later this afternoon I will go and listen to church bells ring out
the Internationale -  a song I love whistling when the chips are
down, or on their way up again.
And then I will raise a tall glass of beer with comrades, friends and
family in salutations to May Day.

I hope you can all do the same. (raising a tall glass of whatever you
enjoy drinking), wherever you are. We have only a world to win.

Cheers,

Shuddha

Shuddhabrata Sengupta
The Sarai Programme at CSDS