[Reader-list] Screening of my film - Asian Vibes Bombay

Vishal Rawlley vishal.rawlley at gmail.com
Fri May 2 11:45:30 IST 2008

Friends,

Luck by chance, a film I made 4 years ago, is having its first "screening"
in this country. This is part of Khoj's screenings. They got hold of a
version of the film from some pirate archive. Then the programme coordinator
at Khoj discovers that he recognises my name, he tracks me down and very
kindly informs me (thank you Hemant!). So now I have the privilege to invite
you all. Kindly see the details below. Zarooor Aanaa!

see a short clip: http://bombay-arts.com/asian_vibes/asian_vibes.html

Asian Vibes: Bombay (52 mins) A video documentary on electronic music in
Bombay: from early Disco to the new DJ culture.

Tracking the burst of electronica in contemporary Bombay from club DJs and
remix gurus, to the fringe artists and cutting edge groups, the film also
travels back and forth in time seeking out early pioneers and new freaks.
This "action packed" documentary exposes the frenetic city's craze for racy
grooves and screaming frequencies that cut across class divides and space
segregations, spilling out on to the streets in a riot of joint celebration.

Tuesday 06/05/2008 - 19:00
*
KHOJ International Artists' Association*
 S-17, Khirkee Extension,
New Delhi - 110017
Phone: +91-11-65655874, +91-11-65655873
E-mail: interact at khojworkshop.org