[Reader-list] reader-list Digest, Vol 58, Issue 49

Kuhu Tanvir kuhutanvir at gmail.com
Mon May 26 13:48:20 IST 2008

*off the mantle #9*

the first city theatre readings

*MY BACK PAGES*

extracts from Bob Dylan's *Chronicles*

may 29 | 7 pm | the attic

"*I'd come from a long way off and had started a long ways down. But now
destiny was about to manifest itself. I felt like it was looking right at me
and nobody else.*"

To celebrate Bob Dylan's recently being awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his
'profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical
compositions of extraordinary poetic power', the First City Theatre
Foundation presents a reading of extracts from his *Chronicles: Volume 1*.
By turns revealing, poetical, passionate and witty *Chronicles *is a
mesmerizing window on Dylan's thoughts and influences. Utilizing his
unparalleled gifts of storytelling and the exquisite expressiveness that are
hallmarks of his music, Dylan turns his *Chronicles* into a poignant
reflection of his life and the people and places that helped shaped the man
and his art.