[Reader-list] FW: Attn: Ms Jabbar --Your editorial in HT dated 4th Nov 08

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:12:16 IST 2008

Sorry, typo: Second sentence should read ŒThe sub-editor decided it was
about support to abolish Article 370...¹

I thought I wrote an edit piece about alienation among Kashmiri youth and
its roots .  The sub-editor decided it was about support for Article 370,
and this gentleman, whom I don¹t have the pleasure of knowing, believes it
was about Yasin Malik.

Hmm... Wasn¹t someone saying something about Œyes, we can (change).¹  Oh to
be in America today where one can speak of hope and justice with renewed
belief instead of this sad, jaded place where the worst kind of cynicism
rules, where we are completely inured to any one else¹s pain but our own.