[Reader-list] request to Aditya and Pawan

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 20:57:22 IST 2008

Hi all. Monika's mail responding to several requests to take off these two
members for making allegations about a respected member without being able
to substantiate them, is quite understandable. The member/s have been banned
in the past and they have rejoined with a changed name. It is not easy, if
not impossible, to ensure a permanent ban on people on a community hosted in
the cyber space. Moreover, as some members in their postings have suggested,
that even if Aditya's and Pawan's mails were not always palatable, they have
helped us to know some new intelectual nooks and corners to peep in to.

Aditya and Pawan, you have sensitize a lot of readers on the list about some
issues which were on the backburner of the intellectual discourse on the
list. Some members on the list recognize your importance, but you too should
recognize the worth of the readers. The best way to win an argument, or to
draw a serious attention to yor perspective, is to engage and not to offend
your readers. You might have noticed from a sizable number of mails on this
topic, you have offended a lot of members with a claim that you could not
substantiate. In the heat of debate, we tend to make claims which have no
basis. In order to maintain your credibility in future, you do retract and
apologize for making a false claim. You will do a great service to this
community if you apologize to Shuddha for the baseless allegations you made.
An unconditional apology is not going to hurt you. Not apologizing will lead
to the loss of any kind of credibility in your mails.

I hope you will take this mail in good faith.

Regards
TaraPrakash