[Reader-list] Free Speech vs Voluminous Speech

Naeem Mohaiemen naeem.mohaiemen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 07:57:17 IST 2008

"drowning out" happens when there are so many repetitive posts by the
same names on the same topics, that readers start tuning out the
reader-list altogether. Also, some people may be finding the list too
similar to spam now and unsubscribing (my theory, but I do not know).
One solution is for people to start engaging on other topics as well.
Can we get discussions on other issues, such as the Baul statues in
Bangladesh, Asma Siddiqa's Military Inc in Pakistan, The whiteness of
Ralph Nader, the coming economic meltdown, the politics of Obama
appointees, etc.