[Reader-list] vote BJP to avoid "mushrooming Batla Houses"

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 09:09:25 IST 2008

Friends
I hope you have seen the BJP's campaign ads in today's newspapers taking a jibe on Sheila Dixit's remarks on the woman journalist who was killed "Women should not get adventurous in Delhi".

In the list of bad things done by Congress govt. in this ad, is the "Mushrooming of Batla Houses" and the "Menace of Bangladeshi criminal gangs". Their earlier ad 2 days ago talked about how Jamia is spending its money to protect "terrorists" (for which Jamia's VC has filed a complaint with the Election Commission).

But I think the most pathetic assumption of this "mushrooming of Batla Houses" must be that the BJP has no chance of winning the constituency of Batla House/Okhla any way, so we might as well malign them to garner votes in other constituency. How terrible. Its an insult to every citizen living in Batla Houses/Jamia Nagar. If this is not communalism then what is?

This reeks of how badly they mistrust a certain section of the society. Even if there were some residents of Batla House willing to vote for BJP, they'll probably change their mind. Is this where our electoral politics come to?

God save this country.

Yousuf Saeed