[Reader-list] I was forced to undergo scientific tests: Sadhvi Pragya

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:10:16 IST 2008

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi/Cops_framed_2_informers_as_terrorists_CBI/articleshow/3714710.cms

cops framed two informers as terrorists
times of india 18th of Nov.2008

 NEW DELHI: After spending nearly three years in jail, Irshad Ali and
Muarif Quamar may finally taste freedom as Central Bureau of
Investigation
(CBI) has sought their discharge, saying they were framed by three
Special Cell police officers of Delhi Police's counter-terrorism wing.

In its closure report submitted in the court of additional sessions
judge S S Mohi, the probe agency concluded that Ali and Quamar were
innocent and not, as alleged by Delhi police, Al-Badr terrorists. The
agency has also recommended that the three cops who were part of the
operation be booked for creating false evidence, lying under oath and
other serious offences. The judge will consider CBI's plea on November
27. All three sub-inspector level policemen indicted by CBI are part
of the elite anti-terror unit of Delhi Police headed by ACP Sanjeev
Yadav.

The Delhi Police had claimed that two alleged Al-Badr terrorist were
arrested by the special cell in February 2006 from Mubarak
Chowk after a tip-off. Reportedly, the two were informers of
Intelligence Bureau and Special Cell.

CBI sources said the report clearly points at a nexus between the IB
and Special Cell in framing Qamar and Ali. They add that the report
"conclusively proves'' that calls were made often to both Ali and
Quamar from landline numbers of intelligence agencies, which prove the
duo were informers. Apart from Delhi Police, an inspector from IB,
Majid Din, has also been found involved in the abduction and illegal
detention of the two Kashmiris, the CBI states in its report. The
report also points out how RDX and arms were planted on both accused
after they were picked up. The moot question, agency insiders say, is
where did the cops get hold of such massive quantity of unaccounted
ammunition to plant on the duo, as arms recovered from terrorists are
strictly regulated.

The report also points out how no follow-up in J&K was done after
arrest of both men and an NBW issued against two persons, who cops
allege supplied the arms, returned unserved because it was sent to a
wrong address in J&K. Moreover, neither workplace nor homes of the
accused in Bhajanpura in Delhi were raided, making the agency suspect
a cover-up operation.

CBI punched holes in the police version and concurred with claims made
by Sufian Siddiqui, lawyer for the accused, that not a shred of
evidence could be produced by Delhi Police to link Ali and Quamar to
Al Badr. "No narco analysis was pressed for, no source was presented,
there were no raids and no motive was established by Delhi Police in
its chargesheet submitted in trial court,'' says Sufian.

Interestingly, one of the sub-inspectors named by the CBI won a
President's Police medal this year. He, along with other officers, was
rewarded for an encounter in 2006 near Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in
which a militant Abu Hamza was gunned down by special cell.

http://indersalim.livejournal.com