[Reader-list] new issue of rouge

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Tue Nov 25 00:05:56 IST 2008

Kshemendra,

Some on this list seem obsessively sensitive (you less so) to any kind
of criticism of "India" at all.

I'm afraid I don't consider this "pride"; I can only read it as
insecurity.

When will you ever understand that some of us are dedicated to continual
critique not because we hate it here, but because we are deeply, deeply
invested in and committed to the fate of this place?

Vivek