[Reader-list] new issue of rouge

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:18:54 IST 2008

Dear Alexander
good to read your post, and subsequent reflections....

i think Blind Patriotism will gives some very boring Nation-State
Songs, we need to remind ourselves that it is 2008 and no  pre-47 Gora
is around....

that is that,
perhaps, what boosts the human spirit to live a honest life is one's
commitment to some fundamental values, such as ethics etc
Existentially speaking, i believe, we are mostly driven by some inner
drives, which are often indifferent to what is largely written on the
wall....

Well, anybody can claim a veritable understanding of Nation State as
deeper and  complex one , in comparison to others.  So, those who are
obsessed with Nation-State can say it loudly since the loudest
instruments of Nation state are seen as the only legitimate faces in
comparison to others. Here, the faces of 'the others' are sharply in
contrast with  say Judiciary, Parliament, Police, Administration and
even Religiosity of explicit kind....

Thus, profane is simply a synonym of  criminality in society. We don't
 need a complex thinking to discover a linkage between a criminality
or  terrorism even, and that in turn deeply linked to the very
political fabric of Nation Sate.

The Theatre of Life is brilliantly set to make us laugh on seeing
things running  under the very nose of those who think  beloveds are
replaceable by  Nation-State, even. I dont how a politician with
constitution in his/her hand becomes a sign that is not in variance
with what Nation State theoretically stands for, and in practice we
have tons of ugliness under this very gloss, sad, because i feel
helpless...

The word Bakhti in Desh Bakthi  ( Patriotism ) is not too far from
those well orchestrated ways of falling in love with God. So, the
routes which Nation-State-Lovers take are easier ones, they eventually
find an ENTER to enter the mainstream and join greasy hands of the
privileged, most of it is unwitting, but we need to think about the
masses who fall out of the mesh, and go in any direction, are the
millions of landless Indians criminals, because they simply dont know
what Nation Sate is all about ??

Needless to point out that how complacency creeps in any govermental
institution, be it police even, unless there is some vested
interest,.... here, i think of famous film Sholey, where an police
officer, without his his arms, ( also symbolically ) employs two
criminals to get rid of a bigger criminal ( gabbar singh ) . But, if i
will make Sholey part ii, i will employ Gabbar himself to get rid of
some bigger criminal hidden in some high rise. Not surprising that we
all will finally discover the biggest of the biggest criminal hidden
under the very respectable seat of Nation Sate.( like Nag Raj hidden
under the chair of Lord Indra )

that day, let  us see what we need to do, that will be a collective decision,

even the meaning of voting will be different then, right now it
is....( all we have )

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com