[Reader-list] Is India Within Its Rights to Attack Pakistan?

Ravi Agarwal ravig64 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 10:59:20 IST 2008

Dear all,
I do not write on these issues. However what has happened is not something
which concerns people of one ideology or another, or without any. It
concerns all of us, even those who choose to remain quiet, but who observe,
absorb and react to everything going on around us.

It has been said before but it needs to be said again that it is not in
terms of nation states, or religious divides alone we need to think. These
may be issues which do not fit into categories of nation states. It is
futile to talk about India /Pakistan,  Hindu/ Muslim, when the situation is
far more complicated and complex. Every one of us can sense
that complexicity, even though we do not know how to grasp it.

It is not useful for those of us to hear the usual rhetoric all the time. If
people can help others understand the different aspects of this complex
story, then it will help us all. Else I think many people like me are tired
of this rhetoric, and have already moved beyond this. It does not help us
understand better, and does not clear our confusions.

Rather than rhetoric, it will be more helpful to hear stories/ narratives/
evidence etc, for example. These are the ways of understanding and knowing.
Otherwise if people want to just slug it out, it is really what they want to
do, not others.

best and thanks
ravi agarwal

Toxics Link