[Reader-list] Taj, Trident and Terror

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:45:02 IST 2008

When were Religion, state and crime were not linked? They feed on each
other.
But coming to a more important point which I would like to make and I fear
you and many others will not like to here. A state that has its foundations
built only on hate, mistrust and destruction cannot survive for long. The
Pakistan experiment has gone for too long, it is time for it to go. It was
the nexus of religion, crime and state in Pakistan exploited by the US that
caused jihadi mentality to flourish throughout the world. The US once was
benefited from it. The USSR's disintigration to a large extent is attributed
to this nexus, and Pakistani establishment shamelessly flaunts this
association so often. After the disintigration of the USSR, the breed that
was produced with this cohabitation of state, religion and crime was
channelized towards J&K. The business of jihad that started to defeat USSR
in Afghanistan needed to be sustained now. Its continuation was in the
interest of the politicians, army and intelligence agencies in Pakistan,
they were to get a portion of the booty that came for the sustenance of the
jihadi cause.
Several NGOs were started to brainwash the youth and enlist them in the
suicide squads. Pakistani establishment after outsourcing the Jihad crapt to
NGOs found a new ground in Afghanistan to spread the dirty work. They got so
carried away with their success that they decided to challenge the mighty
USA. They succeeded, even though there are many in this world and even on
this list who believe that 9-11 was manufactured by the US intelligence, the
same opinions are being expressed about Mumbai attacks this time and I take
none of them seriously.

After 9-11, and we should not forget that a Jihadi criminal had tried to
blow up World Trade Center earlier as well, there hasn't been a single
attack on the US soil due to the stringent laws put in place by the
government. Pakistani establishment took a u-turn after the threatening
language used by the Americans. Pakistan had to go on war against its own
brain child.   Later on there was pressure on them to talk to India and not
support the jihad based terror in j&k. After the pressure from the US and
talks with India, the establishment decided and the barbarity and savagery
used to protest Indian rule in Kashmir decreased. The violence significantly
came down in J&K. The Jihadi elements were cornered in the state. Now
Pakistan has turned its attention back to Kashmir, the violence no doubt has
increased even though the ordinary Kashmiri is not really involved.
Irrespective of the calls to boycott the elections, the polling has been
unprecedented.

Jihadi element which is so intrinsically linked to the Pakistan
establishment is raising its head again to gain control of the country.
Pakistan is at war with itself. The economy is so bad they had to go to IMF
to bail them out. It is next to impossible for Pakistan to go on as one
country for long. The country that boasts to be prime contributor in
disintigration of USSR is on the brink of its own partition. There is some
hope that anti-India rhetoric will unite the country once more, the
establishment has started experimenting with that option, it is not likely
it will work this time.