[Reader-list] [Announcements] Urgent - Let us Pledge for Greater Unity

Srikant Singh srikantdelhi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:46:47 IST 2008

Hi, I just signed an urgent message to deny the Mumbai terrorists victory by
showing them that their attempt to divide us has failed - that we are all
united more than ever, and determined to stop the spread of violent
extremism. Click the link to join this effort:http:/
www.avaaz.org/en/india_undivided/96.php/?CLICK_TF_TRACK**

* *

*The whole world is reeling from the shock of the attacks in Mumbai.*These
attacks were aimed at our people, our prosperity and our peace. But their
top target was something else: our unity.

*If these attacks cause us to turn on each other in hatred and conflict, the
terrorists will have won.* They know that hatred and chaos feeds on
division. They also know that as radical extremists, their only hope of
disrupting society as a whole is turning the rest of us against each other.

*Let's deny them that victory. We're launching a message to extremists on
all sides*, and our fellow citizens, one that will soon be published in
newspapers across India and Pakistan. *The message is that these tactics
aren't working and we are more united than ever.* And we are determined to
work together to stop violent extremism, and call our political and religous
leader to so the same. *If millions of people sign it, our message will be
unmistakable.*

* *

*THE PLEDGE:*

*We citizens of India, and countries around the world, from all faiths,
backgrounds and walks of life, declare with one voice that the terrorist
attacks in Mumbai have not divided us, will not divide us, and that we stand
together, as one people, against all violent extremists who shamefully
target the innocent. We call upon all our political and religious leaders to
come together at this moment, and take effective action to prevent the
spread of violence.** *

thanks
--
Srikant