[Reader-list] New face of terror: Educated and professionals

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:31:38 IST 2008

Dear all,

To continue the thread of postings and forwards on Jamia and other ghastly
incidents, here's one more. It seems that now, even these 'educated' Muslims
of India, cannot keep their hands of from juvenile adventurism! But the
question we need to ask is, what kind of mesage does one wants to convey
when one writes 'New face of terror'? Isn't this communal profiling of the
most insidiuos sort? This report had a photograph of Mumbai police
commissioner Hasan Gafoor, and I thought who fitted more to the headline?
please see
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/new-face-of-terror-educated-and-professionals/370409/

I propose that all educated, professional Muslims of India, particularly
those who live in metros like Delhi or Mumbai, must not let go of this once
in a life time opportunity to avail themselves of this brand. The sikhs had
this opportunity but they sadly missed it, so did the tamils, the naxals,
the manipuris.

Here are some prelinimary suggestions, first and foremest, push an
application to patent this brand, 'Terrorist'. Then a logical step must be
taken to franchise it. The organization must be strictly not-for-prophet
(ooops! profit) ofcourse!

Introducing brand TERRORIST
sign: T
attributes: educated, muslim
rewards to be associated with this brand: immediate visiblity, TV
interviews, documentaries on life, mobility, social accpetance
psychological attributes: loyalty, committed, devoted, unflinching, can take
challenges, flexibility in work.

'T'

Franchise: Terrorist cafes, Terrorist Bars, Terrorist Pubs, Terrorist
T-shirts, Terrorist condoms, Terrorist cups, Terrorist glasses, Terrorist
bindis, Terrorist saries and Terrorist bangles, Terrorist bras and panties.
There must be a Terrorist drink too. For children, it must milk with Nutmeg
or Jaiphal to induce immediate hallucination for adults it must be one shot
of Chardonny with one shot of Vodka and two shots of beer with egg yolk, to
be taken in one gulp!

The Terrorist Anthem must go like:

Mazhab nahi sikata aapas main bair rakhna
Terrorist hain hum
Watan Hai hindu-sthaan hamara hamara
Saare Jahan se accha...

The Terrorist prayer must go like:

Lab pe aati hai dua ban ke tammanna mere
ho mere kam zaifoon ki, dardmando ki khidtmat karna
Ilm ki shamma se ho mujhko muhabbat ya rab

Mere allah burai se bachana mujhko
TERRORIST ki joh rah hai us reh pe chala mujhko

There must be a Terrorist Academy also to train Dj's, Nurses, Waiters,
Graphic artists etc basically to supply labour to a burgeonning market
created by this brand. The prime consumer would be ofcourse GOI.

I don't think SRK will have any problem endorsing it. The ad will go like-

First sequence- SRK is a middle class boy is sitting in front of a computer.
Searching for work. You know pushing emplyment applications. In the
background one can see trophys lined up on the wall. The search goes on. The
computer screen blinks -sorry no vacancy-.

Second sequence- SRK is sitting dejected on the sea front in Bombay with his
girl friend. Conversation ensues-

SRK: No jobs. They don't want me. (Looks dejected. Head bows down. Soft
breeze is hitting his face, throwing his hair to the wind)
Girlfirend: Don't worry (Places her hand on his shoulder. Looks far into the
ocean)
SRK: What will happen? When will I find my job? When will I marry you. (SRK
is almost in tears now)
Girlfriend: Wait a minute! In the Job application what do you write?
SRK: What do you mean? What do I write.
Girlfirend: (has got a glint in her eyes) No no it is important. VERY
IMPORTANT. Do you mention that you are a muslim.
SRK: No ofcourse not. I am educated. What has my religion got to do with
this?
Girlfirend: Arre ghantu!  You are an eductated Muslim. Don't you see you are
a TERROIST. You are not like those Ram sunders  or Vinod sharma's.
SRK: Amina, I love you! You are my darling. (hugs her)

Next shot:

SRK: (Sitting in front of computer filing a job application. Typing his
religion also) Muslim. Terrorist.
Compter screen: Congratulations! You got a Job.

SRK: (PUNCH LINE) SRK is wearing a white lenin shirt with blue jean. He is
facing the camera and an office acts as a backdrop.

If you are educated and a muslim. you are not an educated muslim. (SRK
smiles)

You are a Terrorist! (SRK smiles)

DONT EVER FORGET THAT. (Close up shot of SRK's Mouth when he says this line)

Regards

Nazo