[Reader-list] HOW SECULAR IS INDIA TODAY?

Fatima sadiafwahidi at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 17 14:31:15 IST 2008

Dear Chanchal
Who are you referring to when you mentioned "people like you who believe in more than one fathers..." Did you mean Britta and her ethnic world, or anyone from outside India? Sounds outrageous any way.

I don't want to hurt anyone's sentiments here, but I wanted clear a bit of the family lineage here. When you say Hindutva is our only one father (rest are uncles), there must be a mother too, which I assume is Bharat mata. So, when people other than Hindus live in India, and call Bharat mata their mother, what about their fathers? If Muslims, Christians, Parsis find their religions as their fathers - we all have one mother? Its getting a bit confusing here? My uncle is also the husband of my mother...and so on.