[Reader-list] Fw: Fwd: Indian Muslims

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:08:12 IST 2008

Dear Rajendra ji

i am fully aware what happens when we quote.    but in culture, and in
any language, we popularly lift verses or phrases and
quote.....shakespeare and all, to enhance our expressions irrespective
of the context in which that line was said in the book by a character.
That does not amount to character assisination of the author.  I have
no special commitment not to find loopholes in the text by a
particular author....

having said that, i still played safe, with emphases on the person (
Late Mr. Kanshi Ram ji ) who often quoted this along with other such
things. i did't say that this thinking is central to the great poet.
In fact i am not a student of Hindi literature, so i can go deep into
the subject of  TulsiDass, but the fact remains that we often lift
things from what is popular.

Dalit issue is not a recent one, and oppression of women, merciless
beating of theives  too is not also new, but what is painful that that
past is still breathing in the present. So this was not to malign the
author, but to intensify the debate which has a relevance in the
present social/cultural political system. Now we can not say BSP is
simply out of place to quote such things.  although we know that dont
quote nowadays, but we are free to quote while talking politics, since
 we keeps on referring this or that, which obviously distorts, but
that is how we hope we might find a way out this quagmire.

warmly
is

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com