[Reader-list] Noorani Reads the Fine Print of the Amarnath Accord

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Sun Sep 7 15:14:34 IST 2008

It is indeed sad that a debate, a healthy one gets so personal, that the thoughts of the debate are diluted totally and space is utilised to condemn the person than the debate on the thoughts expressed.

 If Shuddha, Kshemendra or Aditya or AArti express the thoughts differently, is there merit in condemning the person ? Is it not better to exchange thoughts rather than condemn the person who express the dissent on the thoughts. ?

   About the matter regarding kashmir, it is a matter of fact that Kasmir was ruled by a king who wanted to continue his rule, but for Pakistan entering the kingdom, and muslims went up to take up arms and indulged in violence just as the "secular" Nehru had no courage or the political will to complete the task of annexing the land once for all. Same was the case in Goa, and part of Travancore kingdom under the rule of Diwan, Sir, CP Ramaswamy Iyer.

  The issue is that India is made up of over 457 kingdoms and territories but all the individuals in these territories fought for freedom. Hyderabad Nizam did not want to give that freedom to his subjects, razakars were again muslims, who thought that their islamic rule of the king was panacea. But truth of the matter is any religion or faith in democratic rule is a failure, as democracy means rule of law, with equity and justice for all citizens, not based on their faith, without fear or favour to anyone. kasmir in India is better off than pak occupied Kashmir thanks to the better funds flow to keep the citizens well governed, but the darker underbelly is that in the guise of secular rule, the Congress has resorted to appeasement selectively from time to time, and thus all babus have become kings and the politicins of the state are the nizams in the state.!
Regards.