[Reader-list] Delhi University gets ABVP president after 8 years/reader-list Digest, Vol 62, Issue 35

prakash ray pkray11 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 01:24:18 IST 2008

Mr Kaul,

Before you oppose reservations, I suggest you must demand for equal
distribution of property, land, and opportunities, and above all, the
equality of dignity and respect for each and every one. We always raise a
slogan against the Youth for Equality- 'Baap ki daulat chhod ke bolo tum
equality'. You have written that since Nupur Sharma is your friend, so you
supported her in the elections. it shows that your personal relations matter
more than the issue you are 'fighting' for. By supporting her you have
betrayed the United Students, the organization you formed. In a report
published in The Hindu on September 4, 2006, you have said- "We believe that
a new direction must be given to the students movement. Traditional student
unions are overly politicised and have become symptomatic of the maladies of
our present political class. They are no longer about us, but about their
political masters. Our manifesto is a reflection of what we want to see in
our campuses and colleges - and in this great institution called Delhi
University." Now, you support such an organization.

what should I reply or say!!

Regards,

Prakash K Ray