[Reader-list] Delhi University gets ABVP president after 8 years/reader-list Digest, Vol 62, Issue 35

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:44:02 IST 2008

Dear Prakash bhai,

    I was honest in my previous mail and will remain so; and it would have
been a positive change if you would have respected my honesty.

I oppose caste based reservations and will remain firm with my stand. Also,
I'm no one from 'Youth For Equality' to answer your queries. So, Kindly
visit any of YFE Chapters and ask them there itself. Just to enligten you a
bit, it wasn't just general category students but hundreds of SC ST and OBC
who used to take part in protests with us. I personally know so many of them
from IIT, NSIT, DU, IP etc. who used to lead our protests. You sure are
unaware to this fact, 'why so?' that only you may be able to answer.

"Who do you think was an able candidate for the position of President in the
recently concluded elections of DUSU ?" - If you answer this, it would
simplyfy your confusion. I didn't support Nupur Sharma because she was from
ABVP, but because she had the capacity to lead and was able enough to become
the DUSU President. Others in the fray, were more so a confused lot. I met
them, SFI-AISA etc were struggling to make space in the elections. NSUI,
even though had free flow of money from Congress, couldn't choose a better
candidate then Sonia Sapra. I met almost all candidates and finally
concluded on Nupur being the only positive choice. You may like to differ
forgetting the individuals and considering only the party line, but
unfortunately or fortunately, for me, individuals and parties are both
equally important.

I didn't betray United Students, as you may have liked, but have supported a
change in the making. I still stand by that 'Hindu' statement. Some
Individuals who don't waste time puting across allegations on others, do
work for the students silently in the DU Campus.

P.S. Even in the DU Elections; officially it isn't a party or a group
contesting, it is actually the individuals. The parties have no authority or
right given by the DU.

Hope your sonfusion has been solved. Its better you shift your focus towards
something constructive.

Love

Aditya Raj Kaul