[Reader-list] [Announcements] Fwd: September 26: Critical Mass Cycling Event in Delhi

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Sat Sep 13 11:07:12 IST 2008

Fwd:

Subject: September 26: Critical Mass Cycling Event in Delhi
From: vivek at sarai.net
To: announcements at sarai.net

For those who will be in Delhi-- please support and make this as diverse
and wide-ranging as possible...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass  Friday, September 26, 2008

Time:   6:00pm - 7:00pm
Location:   Vijay Chowk
Street:   Near the Parliament House
City/Town:   New Delhi, India

"Please join the first ever Delhi Critical Mass cycling event. We will
assemble at Vijay Chowk between 6:00 and 6:30 and ride through streets
of Delhi for about 45 minutes. The idea is to make a statement that
cyclists should be given their due respect by other road users.

Critical Mass is an event held in almost all major cities of the world,
usually on the last Friday of every month, wherein a mass of cyclists
ride through the streets of the city. The peak hour bicycle ride gives
the subtle message to our fellow road users that we too exist.

Please give this event the maximum publicity and lets make it a success
by ensuring maximum participation. Let us show the city that cyclists of
Delhi will demand their rightful place on the streets of Delhi.

Let us celebrate cycling!"