[Reader-list] Some Points from discussions

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 18:37:25 IST 2008

Dear Jeebesh

Do I understand correctly that the specificity you have now given to the "wide area" on "both sides of the border" for which you propose De-militarization is "The State of Jammu and Kashmir" that became a matter of dispute between India and Pakistan in 1948?

What was so difficult about that Jeebesh.

Yes Maps do exist in 'record' about that erstwhile Princely State of Jammu & Kashmir.

Interesting how you discarded it and we will not have to suffer breaking our heads over your "popular suffrage" idea.

Let us now come to the De-militarization.

For the De-militarization, we have  to ensure that India, Pakistan and China withdraw their respective "Militaries" to the borders of "the erstwhile Princely State of Jammu & Kashmir". That you would agree is quite easily said and would be more than difficult to do.

How do we bring that about? What are your proposals for that?

I am quite certain that you would not and would be horrified if you did cite UN Resolution 91 of 30th Mar 1951 to serve as a guideline.

Kshmendra