[Reader-list] Some Points from discussions

Jeebesh jeebesh at sarai.net
Wed Sep 17 16:02:05 IST 2008

Dear Sonia,

It is immensely possible to have a state without standing army, with
agreements with bordering State on non-invasion. Many regions of the
world will need this in near future. Karen people in Burma could for
sure benefit from this. To workout borders of this state is not within
my purview. It is something that will be decided in a complex process
of  negotiation anyway.

What I was sharing was a concern to think how to not keep re-in-
forcing ideas and positions that keep the "bleeding politics" alive.
Lot of writing in this list is deeply immersed in thanatopolitics and
need to think about it.

warmly
jeebesh