[Reader-list] Dispenser of India's destiny - Kashmir, Orissa, Bihar, Karnataka

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:49:25 IST 2008

Rabindranath also said in his essay "Nationalism"; "Our food is creative, it
builds our body; but not so wine, which stimulates. Our social ideals create
the human world, but when our mind is diverted from them to greed of power
then in the state of intoxication we live in a world of abnormality where
our strength is not health and our liberty is not freedom. Therefore,
political freedom does not give us freedom when our mind is not free. An
automobile does not create freedom of movement, because it is a mere
machine. When I  myself am free I can use the automobile for the purpose of
my freedom" ..... "We must never forget in the present day that those people
who have got their political freedom are not necessarily free; they are
merely powerful. The passions which are unbridled in them are creating huge
organisations of slavery in the disguise of freedom."...........

And, he further goes on to say... " But the doom which is waiting to
overtake them is as certain as death - for man's truth is moral truth and
his emancipation is in the spiritual life."

This holds true in present day India. Many of my friends on this Sarai forum
would understand my worry.

Thanks
Aditya Raj Kaul