[Reader-list] CLIMATES (four days since jamia shootings)

shakeb ahmed ahmed_shakeb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 00:26:30 IST 2008

CLIMATES
As the Plague spread further the whole city felt the alterations. In the seizure of disease there broke out throughout the city storms of unknown celebrations. The air was triumphant and though markedly foul smelling. Rains lifted and there was clear sky and a sun seemingly getting stronger. But many felt a siege refusing to let them free. I cannot sleep. The deeper I was getting into the meteorology of past few days in my city the more in the grip of its epicenter I found myself slipping. One room and a half, three lazing alive bodies, a knock on the door, some quick decisions, two immediately smoked into nothing, one turned into an ashen face only eyes blooming white into the half darkness of the surrounding walls tongue knotting upon itself.
And the climate changed!
As the plague wafted thereon the whole city felt slow mutations stretching in. Words of congratulations exchanged…storms of unknown celebrations! In some very far distance people started dying, the bodies not able to adapt to the new strains of an old dormant disease. The news is not still carried by the hallowed offices but there are reports of some initial casualties. In the city there is incessant music; bold profusion of violent color, and a barrage of new hieroglyphs announcing the city fortuitous meeting with a timely mysterious cure. The city suffered and it placates itself now. Unknown celebrations broke out throughout the city…and some cannot sleep!
In the city though people report the tongues splitting upon themselves occasionally, while a flood of spit rushes to hangs in and contain any pain, there also seems a pervasive benign corneal infection, and in some cases some mild lobotomic fever…Doctors remind that there is nothing to worry, these are only our bodies’ initial reactions trying to adapt to a new genetic configuration. I cannot sleep. The incessant music returns, more clash of colors, and a redeeming string of new and maybe very obvious signs….

September 22nd 2008
Fourth day since Jamia shootings.