[Reader-list] FW: FOURTH ESTATE CRITIQUE Fwd: Some Questions AboutThe Delhi Encounter

Aarti Sethi aarti.sethi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:46:33 IST 2008

Dear Radhika,

If your son was accused of a terrorist attack which killed 23 people what
would your first reaction be I am interested to know? Would you not react
with horror just as she is? Would you not recoil from the fact that your own
son might be responsible for such senseless violence? Would it not be
impossible for you to reconcile the person you knew and loved and brought
up, with the fact that he might have planned the deaths of two dozen people?
What is so strange about her reaction? I find it heartbreaking actually to
see her cry on television. Just as I find heartbreaking reading what the
families of those who died, those who are in hospital, are going through.
Terror and violence break and tear human beings apart. Including those who
are the perpetrators and their families.

I would react exactly the same way. How would you prefer she react instead?
Disown her son and immediately offer him up at the altar of national
security?

And there is no disinformation in my post at all. Unless you are claiming
that the incident never occurred of course? Are you? Here's a report:
http://kafila.org/2008/08/25/bomb-makers-of-hindutva/

 not capable of killing even a cockraoch just as they eat iftar with meaty
> kabas.!

What is this supposed to mean? What does what someone eats have to do with
their capacity for violence?

regards
Aarti