[Reader-list] desist from clicking 'send'

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Tue Sep 23 22:34:25 IST 2008

Dear all

The Sarai reader-list is a non- moderated forum for discussion. I
request you to please carry personal conversations/ accusations/ rebukes
OFF LIST.

I don't think the list administrator would want to archive for eternity
some of the most petty insults that have been traded on this forum in
the last few days. I have no desire to be a witness to any witty
comments that people have to make in this game of one up-manship. I know
that most people on this forum are very articulate and well read, so
unless anyone has something substantial to say, please restrain yourself
from clicking 'send'. But then who will decide 'substantial'? Well, I
still have hope in everyones ability to gauge that!

And can we not do what the press is doing - a media trial. Not of the
alleged terrorists, and not of the Delhi police. Let us also bear in
mind as responsible citizens of the Republic (and correct me if I am
wrong) that the Judiciary in this country holds a person innocent, until
proven guilty. So I request people, upholders of the Constitution to
please bear that in mind.

Please please spare the Inboxes of fourteen hundred people.
Thank you.
Iram