[Reader-list] TALK: Political Art in Hyper-Capital

Naeem Mohaiemen naeem.mohaiemen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:47:55 IST 2008

If you are in Dhaka, drop by campus tomorrow. I'm giving a talk on
subject below. It will be accompanied by discussion of just concluded
show at Gallery Chitrak "My Mobile Weighs A Ton" and accompanying
challenges of military censor, audience inertia, structure crisis,
etc. [Talk will be in Bangla.]

Political Art in Hyper-Capital
Charukala Auditorium
Dhaka University, Fine Arts Dept
Wed, Sep 24, 11 am

Talk by Naeem Mohaiemen

Reflection on just concluded "My Mobile Weighs A Ton" at Gallery
Chitrak, and the space/audience/challenges for political art in a time
of hyper art markets. Illustrated talk by Naeem Mohaiemen, accompanied
by slides from just concluded shows, as well as "Disappeared In
America" in New York.