[Reader-list] What Was Written in "Satyadarshini" Pamphlet

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:14:25 IST 2008

thanks pawan ji  for forwarding the pamphlet contents....

for me these are metaphors, only half educated person will take these
details of these characters as real. The illiterate and poor Hindus of
India are simple believers.  People  who know how to manipulate these
simple folks are concerned with their personal gains, just their axe
to grind.

Metaphors:- for example,  Veda Vyasa  of Mahabarata was grand father
of both warring factions of the final great war. The epic is such that
if we dont remember who is legitimate and who is illegitimate , the
war itself becomes meaningless. So, the moment we realize there is
nothing called legitimate or illegitimate we  resolve the conflict,
which was fought fo good against bad.

Hindu epics are in fact full of such fantastic ways of coming to life.
Everybody knows. For example Ganesha was created by Paravati from the
dirt of her own body, even when Lord Shiva, her husband was not
around.. But this will never enrage the Hindu mind, because Parvati is
Shakti and she is fully equipped to bring anything to life on her own.
It is quite similar to Jesus coming to life from Mary surrounded by
domestic animals only,  No fuss. But if someone  will point out that
Rama's father was believer of  polygamy, it might look offensive to
some of Hindus.  It all depends who is saying and who is listening.

A prostitute is a woman like any other respectable woman, like an
illegitimate child, who is as respectable as any other child.

 I am conscious about the fact that you will demand to speak freely on
other religious characters as well,  but that might be not be easy
because some of  the believers blend history and faith too intensely.
I see no gain in that, but that becomes a dangerous zone to enter,
unless one has a deep creative urge to take the bull by horns. choice
is yours.

Efforts by some fanatic hindus to mix fantasy of the epics with
temporality will bear no fruits in the end. India has a deep
past...good to feel.

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com