[Reader-list] Jamia Millia should be prosecuted

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 22:45:01 IST 2008

The Vice-chancellor in his speech and statement has said that the money for the accused's legal support will come from the "Student's Welfare Fund" - which does not come from the UGC or any ministry. It comes from donations and a small fraction of the fees students pay. Which means that no tax-payers money is involved here.

And even if you depended on the court-appointed counsels, that would be paid by the tax-payer.