[Reader-list] On Sarai postings

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 05:42:18 IST 2008

Dear Tapas,

Thank you for your rejoinder. I am sure that many people on this list would
agree to what Tapas thinks. The issue is quite simple. The list is a place
for people to come and talk. Sarai does not prohibit anyone to come. They do
not prohibit anyone to speak also. All that is fine. The scene becomes
unpalatable when some of us start vomiting on other people's faces and
expect others to do the same. What fun haan!

All this is of course done in the guise of social engagement. The list
becomes a site of disengagement. In this case, I am forced to think, do our
list members who do all this, really want to 'expose' some of us or do they
just want people like us, the 'sarai-junkie', to become (what Tapas
articulates as...) 'disgusted' with the list.

In other words, we the 'sarai junkie' are the real targets of attacks on, if
I may use Pawan's euphemism, 'sarai express'.

I just want to urge everyone to MAKE NOISE to not let this SARAI EXPRESS
become SARAI MAIL or SARAI CHUK CHUK!

Either devise a strategy to counter this unwarranted abuse or mass mail
Sarai people to put in place a set of directives for formal public
engagement.

So that we really do not have to 'desist from clicking send'

Best

Nazo