[Reader-list] HARAM

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:26:50 IST 2008

Dear Monica,

I completely agree with you that reader-list is as much a space that belongs
to its members as it belongs to sarai. And NO it is not sarai's
responsibility alone to provide guidelines for engagement, howsoever, in the
absence of any other initiative forthcoming, we expect sarai to at least set
the ball rolling.

Otherwise, I can clearly see exchanges like this one heading towards
non-resolution of this issue, for lack of any response. And we will
comfortably lapse into our individual siliences. Till someone else pokes too
hard. Which would then be again, responded by a knee-jerk reaction.

Clearly I am at a loss of words!

Best

Nazo