[Reader-list] Jamia Millia should be prosecuted

iram at sarai.net iram at sarai.net
Mon Sep 29 23:05:26 IST 2008

Dear Nazo

I think everyone on this list would have understood by now that you dont
want individual responses from list members. Meanwhile there are other
conversational threads on the list regarding 'protocols'. I would love to
read your suggestions.

Coming to the Encounter - Blast - you have very effectively stated your
position (at least I have understood) and I need no further elucidation on
that - certainly not dictionary meanings.

Regarding the legal aid decision by the Jamia VC, there are various
opinions floating around on various forums. Ultimately it was a matter of
choice for the VC - and as far as inviduals like me or you are concerned,
we can agree with him or disagree - AS i said before, I have no desire to
convince you or any body that my way was the 'only' way. I have stated my
position, as have you. (I await examples of precedents where a UNiversity
has supported students accused of 'terrorist' activities - just as a matter
of curiousity).

Best
Iram