[Reader-list] Jamia Millia should be prosecuted

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:56:37 IST 2008

Dear Iram,

I see no logic in repeating arguments ad nauseum. I merely wanted in all my
earnestness, some regulations/guidelines so as to avoid an instance like
Radhikarajen. I still do. I feel sad about the whole affair. I appreciate
your concern to engage. I have already stated in my last mail, one of the
things that I would rather not have on the reader list. I await your
response.

Regarding Encounter/Blast, since you were a self confessed admirer of
'gestural' values, I had imagined a longer response on how does one recreate
imageries received from popular culture. I understand that you have
understood! No elucidation is expected, though sometimes dictionaries can be
useful, in 'gesturing' towards, new ways to think about same words. Just a
thought!

On VC's position, I take your point. I never thought that you are were out
to convince anyone. At the same time, I feel that for every precedent there
is an instance when there was no precedence, like before Namboodripad, there
was no precedence of a communist being democratically elected as a CM or
before Vajpayee there was no precedence of a BJP MP sitting on PM's chair
and  so on. May be what Jamia, VC did was perhaps unprecedented.

With all due respect

and warm regards

Nazo