[Reader-list] a thought

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:11:22 IST 2008

Dear Vivek,

Thank you for a thought provoking post. Undoubtedly yours is perhaps the
first instance, when we have someone from sarai.net seriously taking up a
initiative to put in place modalities of engagement, in his personal
capacity.

I unhesitatingly endorse your move.

Further on, I suggest that the list admin set a deadline of a week's time
for any discussion on this issue. After  the completion of such a deadline,
this rule must come into pace. Despite Shuddha's insistence, in this
morning's riposte to Radhakrishnan's mail, I think, insofar as all of us
here who are non sarai.net, we expect some sort of initiative from sarai. I
am certainly not in a position, none whatsoever, to dictate the terms of
engagement but nevertheless, I feel your suggestion needs to be taken up
seriously by all concerned.

May I suggest that responses that belong to different threads be restricted
to one post, instead of just one post a day. Regarding content, may I also
suggest that a provocation and its response must not include any ad homenium
remarks. A similar warning must be issued against any such post, followed by
dismissal.

I would urge everyone one who is a regular sarai express junkie to respond
to Vivek's timely intervention.

Best

Nazo